- Conservation and Restoration of Fine Art on Paper
Artworks Conservation specialises in the conservation and restoration of fine art on paper including watercolours, prints, pastels, drawings and other paper-based material. The studio is run by Richard Hawkes, MA (Conservation of Fine Art), an Icon accredited conservator-restorer who has been working as a conservator since 1991.
The studio is listed on the Icon Conservation Register. All work is carried out to museum standards within modern, well-equipped and secure premises. Clients range from members of the public, seeking the conservation and framing of individual artworks, to museums, galleries and institutions. Advice on the care of collections, reports on condition and assistance with insurance claims can also be arranged.
Artworks Conservation is conveniently situated on the outskirts of Harrogate on the A61 Ripon Road, which is easily accessible for all routes via the A1.
Our services include:
- Conservation of art on paper, archives, parchment and photographs
- Removal or arresting of sources of decay and damage
- Restoration of image and support, removal of spots and stains, tear repair and lining
- Storage solutions for historic documents, maps, photographs and parchment
- Mounting and framing to museum standards
- Condition surveys and reports on collections, exhibitions and loans.