- Historic Building Consultants
Formed in 2000 DKP is an architectural practice specialising in historic buildings. We work in association with other professionals to deliver projects where specialist skills in the repair, conservation, restoration, modernisation and development of historic buildings and places are required.
DKP’s clients are:
- People who live in historic houses
- Organisations that work in, own or manage historic buildings
- Community groups whose activities take place in historic buildings
- Government agencies, local authorities and parish councils.
DKP’s conservation projects are led by Keith Knight, a Chartered Architect who trained at the University of Sheffield, where he was awarded the John Jenkinson Prize for the RIBA Final examinations.
He holds a Masters Degree in Conservation from the University of York, and is an RIBA Accredited Specialist Conservation Architect recognised by English Heritage and the HLF for grant-aided works. Formerly Building Conservation Officer for a National Park and a London Borough Keith spent three years at English Heritage as Historic Buildings Architect. As leader of the RIBA Conservation Course Keith trains architects nationally and internationally in building conservation.