- Conservation and Heritage Specialists
Rook Heritage Consulting offers a wide range of assistance to those dealing with heritage assets.
- Collections conservation
- Collections condition assessments
- Digitisation and repackaging of collections
- Museum collections advisory services
- Integrated Pest Management evaluation and planning for museum collections and historic homes
- Environmental condition assessment and monitoring
- Bespoke in-house training for volunteers and staff members
- Disaster planning services, including creation and review of disaster plans
- Exhibition design, installation and de-installation
- Desk based assessments
- Project design, execution and reporting
- Audience evaluation, research and development
- Project development, management and implementation.
Principle consultant Alaina Schmisseur (BA, MA, MSc, PhD) has 15 years of experience working with museums and heritage organisations such as the National Museum Wales, the Smithsonian Institution Museum Conservation Institute, the National Park Service of America, the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings, Museum Development Yorkshire, the National Museum of Science and Industry group, the York Archaeological Trust, AOC Archaeology, NADFAS, University of Reading, University of York and University College London as well as providing on-site objects conservation advice and expertise on archaeological digs across Europe.