- Conservation of European Easel Paintings
Mark Roberts was employed for eighteen years as a painting conservator in the public sector, working for museums in Manchester and Sheffield. In 1985 he established his private studio practice and in the year 2000 moved into a large purpose built studio in North Nottinghamshire. Two conservators from the Courtauld Institute have recently joined the studio, and the team combines new technology with traditional methods of conservation.
Mark is an Accredited Member of the Institute of Conservation. (ACR). He is also a Fellow of the British Association of Paintings Conservator- Restorers, (FBAPCR), and a Member of the International Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (IIC). Work is covered by Professional Indemnity insurance and the studio is fully insured.
- The conservation of the Portland Collection of oil paintings for the Opening of the new Harley Gallery March 2016
- Conservation of over thirty oil paintings for the 2015 Opening of York Art Gallery.
- Conservation of large triptych of Venice by John Piper for a Private Historic House in Derbyshire
- Rediscovery and conservation of a pair of Joseph Wright of Derby landscapes of the Colosseum Rome for Derby Art Gallery.