- Conservator of Art on Paper /Archives
Ruth Mathias has over 30 years’ experience in paper conservation and has worked for many heritage organisations and institutions. She offers a comprehensive service including collection surveys, advice on display and storage, mounting for exhibitions as well as interventive treatments. All work is carried out to museum standards and with documentation including photographic records. The studio is well equipped and has good security. Ruth has accredited with the Institute of Conservation and has appropriate insurance.
Ruth also welcomes enquiries from private individuals and can provide advice about and treatment of a wide range of objects:
- watercolours, prints and drawings,
- posters, wallpaper, maps and charts
- pastel paintings, chalk and charcoal drawings
- miniatures and fans • ephemera such as letters, postcards, tickets etc.
- 3D objects e.g. boxes, peepshows, cardboard furniture and toy panoramas
- Chinese pith paintings and barkcloth. She is a specialist in the conservation of paintings on pith and has published and given presentations under her former name ‘Ruth Prosser’.